Monday, January 21, 2013

Filmmakers Statement

Some film related experiences I have had is producing a video for the FYSA program for UNCW, producing a 15 minute film based on Edgar Allen Poe’s “The Tell-Tale Heart”, creating and leading Movie Critics’ Club in my high school, and producing commercials for my high school’s T.V. Studio morning announcements. I have not had any experience on the set of an actual production and would love to do so. That is another reason why I moved down to Wilmington because filming is becoming so popular here. 
In this course, I intend to learn all the skills required to make motion pictures to tell stories in the most fascinating way. Film has been a passion of mine since I was ten years old.  While I have always been a fan of the arts, my love for movies began when I saw Pirate’s of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl for the first time. The film industry appeared to be pure magic by making an imaginary story feel real to me. From that moment on, I decided to put all my effort into pursuing a career as a film director. With that goal achieved, I intend to make films to create a vision of my own. Films have become a huge part of my life.  I watch movies every moment of my spare time. I never get bored of films because I see something new or different with each viewing whether it be the cinematography, camera movements, casting, lighting, or other intriguing aspects that make every film unique.
In ten years I hope to be involved in the business of motion pictures. I really want to become a film director at the moment, but who knows, I may find a love for editing, cinematography, or even screenplay writing. 
Something unique that most people don’t know about me is that I have a blue iguana. Her name is Calypso and I love her so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment