Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Previsualization Materials

I feel like many people underestimate the difficulty of the previsualization process. It requires a great deal of time, planning, and continuity. Materials made during this process, such as the storyboard, overheads, and lined script, help organize the film you hope to create. The storyboard allows you view your intended film before production and gives you the chance to correct an unrealistic expectations for a shot or make the continuity more precise. The most difficult part for me in the previsualization process is the overhead. I have not had much experience with light and I do not truly know how to set-up lighting to create the effect I would want, but I guess practice makes perfect! I also have not heard of a marked script before, but this aspect of previsualization seemed very helpful. It allows you to see the sequence of each shot within the script and the duration of the shot. Hopefully I can master this process to make production as efficient as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment