Tuesday, April 9, 2013

3b Editing Experience



My experience while editing project 3b was fantastic. I was not originally excited for the experimental sound project, but I ended up having so much fun with it. Creating a somewhat theme and story from the pre-recorded sounds was very difficult, but I enjoyed pushing my creativity. Our title, ‘He be of size enough’, was very unusual which is why the project was such a challenge. Determining which route we wanted to go for the project was the most time consuming and difficult part. Jason and I ended up thinking of the ‘he’ as a serial killer or vicious man.  The beginning of our piece started with creepy sounds that suggested a man stalking and killing a woman. We then transition to a more peaceful and calming collection of sounds to suggest our character, ‘he’, began to feel the euphoric high of finally satisfying his urge to kill. We then returned to the darker sounds to suggest the man had to satisfy this feeling yet again and that it is some kind of addiction. I really enjoyed the openness of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment