Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Experimental Sound Recording Experience


At first I was terrified of this project and had absolutely no idea what sounds to record for it. The res t of my group had no clue either, so we just went outside and walked around to explore interesting sounds. After thinking of the first few, we constantly thought of new and more unique ideas. We went from a backpack zipper to droplets of water trickling into a puddle. The hardest aspect of the project was developing ideas for the vocal audio. We ended up using sounds such as yawning and sighing, but I am sure we could have taken more time to think of better audio choices. This project helped me understand the importance of audio in cinema. Without clear audio, the production value of a film significantly drops. I gained a new found respect for the sound team in film making. They have to pay attention to every small detail making sure there aren’t any interfering noises in the background and even having the recording level correct so it won’t spike. This was something I learned quickly while recording, I had to make sure that any unnecessary sounds, such as traffic and even wind, would not defect the recorded audio.

No comments:

Post a Comment